Yes, it’s been over a year since I’ve updated. If you know me, you know that it was a hell of a year, too, and why, when something needed to be cut from my to-do list, this was it.
During that time, though, work’s been busier than ever. I even had to give up my twice-monthly volunteer position at the Art Institute of Chicago, just to keep up with my workflow, but I’m grateful to have had the experience.
My links in the navigation bar haven’t been updated in ages, but for the benefit of those who might be checking up on me, some highlights from the past months are below:
- Chicago Tribune: Same platform, different cars are what automakers call platform siblings — here are some to see
- Hagerty Classic Cars: The 2019 VW Rabbit Edition GTI is bittersweet
- HowStuffWorks: Female-only Rebelle Rally Teaches More Than Just Navigation
- HowStuffWorks: Behind the Scenes at Supercross
- HowStuffWorks: The Fight Over the Right to Repair Rages On
What else? In rough chronological order:
- Tagged along on the Rebelle Rally, which was as humbling an experience as I’ve ever had
- Bought a new car, 2019 Subaru WRX Series.Gray
- Got my first tattoo, a Grateful Dead dancing bear, in honor of my father
- Joined the team at Hagerty Classic Cars as a freelance editor, which has been fantastic so far
- Andy and I bought a boat, a 1979 Boston Whaler Montauk, named “Cocoanut Woman”
Can’t promise I’ll update more often, but thanks for reading, as always.